In order to view this object you need Flash Player 9+ support!
Powered by RS Web Solutions
Yes that is right we have gone Roman for our sixth season!
This fall we will be bringing a Texas Cornhole League sanctioned league to a new venue. Thank you to the folks at Big League Dreams for giving us a place to play and have a good time.
Over the past 5 seasons we continue to grow and with that growth comes a search for a venue with enough space to put enough boards to accommodate everyone. Well, I'm pretty sure Wrigley Field (or whichever of Big League Dreams 8 replica fields they put us on) will have plenty of room!
Once again we will split into multiple divisions giving people of all skill level a place to play and have a good time with a great group of people. C4C has been able to use their portion of the funds raised and donated from the league to continue putting forth great efforts to support our community. With fall coming quickly it also means it's almost time for the annual C4C event, watch for an announcement on that in the next couple of weeks.
Until then, register from the link provided under the “League Night” tab above and get you and your partner out to join us for another season of cornhole in South DFW!
J. D. Thompson - C4C Director
Just two years ago we were lucky enough to have a local pool company give us some space to set up 3 sets of boards in their warehouse to hold our first attempt at a local cornhole league. No TVs. No Drinks. No Air conditioning! Limited music selection. We pulled 12 teams in, had a great time for 6 weeks and crowned "1 Bowler" C4C League Champs!
Tonight, we begin Season 5! At 8 o'clock tonight we kick off our 3rd season at Red's Roadhouse. We will set up 7 courts, with scoreboards, music and a wait staff ready to serve our guys.
For C4C league night is a tool. It is a way for us to share the game, bring to light awareness of our cause of helping the community, as we build up quality relationship with a great group of folks. Additionally, the league fees support costs for our other tournaments. We use 20% of league fees to buy the equipment we need to run tournaments (new boards, bags, scoreboards). The other 80% (which in a league of 28 teams, will be over $1300) gets paid back out to our players.
A special thanks to Red's Roadhouse who will host us for the 3rd season. Tonight we will play on a renovated dance floor that was specifically designed with C4C in mind (or maybe LeFreak? either way we are grateful!). Also, thanks to Texas Cornhole League for rallying the state of Texas into a unified league. This will be the 3rd season that we operate as a sanctioned TCL tournament allowing our players to compete for state rankings.
We are excited to get it going tonight. And excited for what is in store for 2014 for Caring for Community! Come on out and check us out tonight or any Thursday over the next 8 weeks!